Thursday 6 September 2012

Hawkes Cabernet Sauvignon 2003


 What can i say?! Very interesting experience! I felt a little sorry, that we opened this 9 year old! It still can age a few years more. But! I was also glad, that we've tasted it. Very amusing wine.
Color is dark but semi opaque, magenta on the rim. No sighn of aging in the color yet.
On the nose, first alcohol. But it was my mistake, we didn't let this wine reach room temperature. After a while, nose got richer but still subtle with black fruit and chocolate aromas. Then leather and spice.
On the palate dry, medium bodied, acidity and tannins are balaced, but bright. Very good structure, all tells me that this wine can age.
Palate is rich with blackberry notes, herb, black currant, then cocoa, little bit of mint and vanilla.
Good, long, rich finish.
Now I'm really curious, how this wine will change with time!


No comments:

Post a Comment